Monday, September 6, 2010

Garrett Starts New School Tomorrow!

Tomorrow will be Garrett's first day of school here in Idaho!! He will be entering a similar program to the one he attended in Louisiana. He will only be there from 8:15 to 11:15 though, quite a bit less time than his 8-3 schedule in Louisiana. His teacher sounds wonderful on the phone, and I hear great things about the program here.

Oscar's mom, DiDi is still here and is a MAJOR help!! Today she went with Addie and me to Lowe's to get fence posts and some yard items. We have no yard yet, so Oscar has been working like crazy to level the weed-overtaken ground and prepare it to be seeded with grass. We also selected some topsoil and some neat plants Addie and DiDi found. Oscar also got posts set for a temporary corral for the two horses. It will eventually become the posts for some panels to rest against for our arena. The ground here right around the house is MAJORLY rocky.....no fun to sink posts into the ground.

Addie, Ainslee and I went to the local MDA telethon at a local television station today. The girls got to help with posting stars on the board and I answered phones. We had a nice time and met a few very friendly families. Addie got to see some videos of MDA camp here, too. I hope she will want to try it out next year.

Finally, as Oscar continued to sweat it pounding posts into the ground, Ainslee and I rode the horses for a few minutes. It felt great!!!

Godspeed,
CL

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I have finally let myself cry about your moving away--I miss you terribly! But they are also tears of joy, as I am soooooo happy for you guys!

    You continue to amaze me--going to the telethon and working just days after moving 3 kids, 4 horses, 2 dogs and a cat over 2000 miles! I honestly don't know another soul who could have had the energy and courage to pull that off.

    Miss you and love y'all much!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete